Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Windshield Build

Discussion in 'Teryx Custom Accessories Forum' started by firstlight, Mar 18, 2015.

1. firstlight

firstlight Member

Well I got the Lexan for the windshield yesterday and got home last nite and started cutting out the template for the hood. I wish there was an easier way for that but I think I got it pretty good besides it can't be tight anyway with the rubber that needs to be there to stop the rub on the plastic. I hunted around Red Deer for the coated P-clamps and found them at Gregg Distrubuting if anyone in Canada is looking for clamps to hold anything on their roll cages. I will take some pics tonite of my process of building and cutting and riviting. I will have approx $230 into this build which is alot less than buying one like it.

thegrizz and mrwvsportsman like this.
  2. Ludicrous Speed

I strongly considered making my own as well, but by the time I bought just the Lexan (The good stuff with the scratch resistant coating) I was within $75 of buying the one I wanted. I figured if I mess it up one time, I was screwed and should have just purchased the pre-made one.

Good luck and show us how it turns out!

3. firstlight

firstlight Member

Well I cut the lexan got it fitted still have to put the cage straps on to hold it in place but here's a couple of pics image.jpg

thegrizz likes this.
  4. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice job firstlight. Are you planning on making it foldable?

5. firstlight

firstlight Member

Yes the bottom 8" piece folds up so you can let air in.
    Just got it bolted on tonite. I need to find some bolts to fit in my teryx bed plastic wing nuts so I have a fast way to lift the windshield up. Right now just have regular bolts holding. Still a little chilly up here in Alberta anyway

6. mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman Active Member

What did u use to cut the bottom edge?

7. firstlight

firstlight Member

One of the glass shops I went to told me use a jigsaw with a coarse blade so the debris gets pulled up and out of the way. Cut awesome. Still have a little fine tuning to do but looks and works great

8. mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman Active Member

Awesome. Thanks. I'm afraid after my new cage, my kolpin windshield won't fit and I will have to trim it down. The top and bottom edges of the top section are both molded so I figure cutting about an inch off the bottom edge following the contours will be the best way to shorten it up some. Looks good! Thanks for sharing.

9. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

I want one like the EMP for the rzr's. Anything you fab yourself is uber cool!!!! SATV has a version of what I want, but in the past I have found their stuff to be junk....
    [​IMG]

TheStig likes this.