Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

What pressure to run in Blackwater EVOs?

Discussion in 'Teryx Wheels and Tires Forum' started by JTT, Mar 12, 2015.

1. JTT

JTT New Member

I just put on a set of 27" Evos on my 2011 Sport. Aside from my disappointment with the way undersizing, what pressures should I be running in these?

2. mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman Active Member

I put 12 in mine. Took it for a short rip tonight. They ride incredibly smooth. I heard they are undersized but also heard that 28's won't fit with jbs floor guards so I stuck with 27s. So that must mean some other 27s won't fit that may run big.

Magellan likes this.
  3. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

Depends on where I am riding. Between 11 adn probably 17, depends. Sorry best answer I can give you and not be bullshitting you. I carry a C02 Power Tank and adjust by trail conditions.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  4. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

Most I know that have them run between 12 and 15psi. We dropped @MIKE_D down to 6psi crawling Walden's Ridge at Windrock recently then stopped to air back up once we were back on faster trails to avoid pinch flats. My T2 with 27" Dirt Commanders rode much better at 6-7psi but I'm leary of running them that low all the time even though Mike and I both run STI beadlocks, pinch flats are a big and expensive problem on the rocky trails of KY/TN/WV.

5. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

Yes they are. I am also afraid to run less than about 10-11 for that exact reason. If you run the factory BH 2.0's at 6-7 on stock wheels, the sidewalls will last a few miles at best as you already know. I run teh STI beadlocks as well. They are CHEAP and I drive to ATVOutfitters to get them.
    I am running a couple sets of the 27" Blackwaters. They are just slightly taller than 26" Original Bighorns. They definitely bite WAY better and have much deeper lugs at least for now.

The 28's will not work well with the hump on the drivers side not counting using the JBS guards. You would have to hack up the drivers side after flattening the bump. That is why I go with 27". Easy and you can use the excellent JBS protection. Tony and I both have been lucky once. I am glad I have the JBS protection now. 27's are good enough for me although I have thought about lifting my T4 and running 28's they are a LOT taller tire than the 27's for sure. Tony has them on his, big difference.

TheStig likes this.
  6. mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman Active Member

What about with a 3" Arched A arms lift. Would that give enough clearance for 28's do you think?

7. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

I have no idea. The only lifts I know about are the ones GTGF and Shortbus are running. I think the Highlifter if I remember right. WAY cheaper than arched A-Arms. Not sure what I think about the arms and what they do to axles. I have a hard enough time not breaking axles now. I keep a rear spare in my truck all the time as both sides are the same. As you know the fronts are different.

8. MattN03

MattN03 Member

10 PSI on my 28" EVO's on my T4.

9. Courage9027

Courage9027 Member

10 psi also on 28" evos. Tried 12 psi first at Black Mountain then went down to 10 psi. Much better ride at 10.

10. JTT

JTT New Member

Thanks all!

11. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

I may need to air down a bit. I ride the same stuff as you guys running 10 PSI. I think I will air down to 10 and see what it is like next Wednesday. Almost got my T4 ride ready now. Thanks for the info.

TheStig likes this.
  12. JTT

JTT New Member

Well, got my first test ride in yesterday. My disappointment with the smallish size of the evos was well put away yesterday! Trails were deep with snow, steep climbs and deep washouts. Rode some of the same trails last weekend and got stuck many times....winch got a serious workout. This weekend we went much deeper into much worse conditions amd the evos tore through like it was nothing. My greatest fear of falling out of the compacted tracks (where i was guaranteed to get stuck in snow 3 ft deep, was eliminated as it could slip off the trail and easily dig itself back up. No sliding sideways into holes where there was a big off camber. Evos stuck even when leaned over at 40 degrees. Amazing!

13. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

Good for you. GTGF here on this site (Mark) and Maurice at ATVOutfitters is who recommended them to me I was running the BH1's then and I love mine too. I get them for a smoking deal from them, they are exactly 69 miles from my house. Nice round number huh?