Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Teryx Gear Reduction Mods at JBS!!

Discussion in 'Teryx Clutch Forum' started by wvhotrod, May 6, 2015.

1. wvhotrod

wvhotrod Member

this is what they have been needing

2. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

In for the details.

3. wvhotrod

wvhotrod Member

4. wvhotrod

wvhotrod Member

5. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

You know we need rain when you can do a burnout in the dirt. :D Good to see more clutching options for the Teryx.

6. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

TTT for interest. I've been following the Teryx clutch thread on the hotrod forum and it has me seriously considering clutch work now.

7. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

@DLB Is the drama over yet lol. Although entertaining at times to read it really got way out of hand lol. Looks like he is still doing testing. Do you have an extra sheave or do you have to pull yours to send him?

mrwvsportsman likes this.
  8. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I think things have calmed down...for now. :D Yes, I'm not sure how much more testing is left. I never thought I'd touch the clutch on this thing, but I'm intrigued now. His clutch work has been a big hit in the Rhino community, as I'm sure a lot of folks know by now. I'll have to pull my sheave and send it to him.

9. mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman Active Member

I agree Butch. Reminded me of a couple of high school boys comparing the size of their manhood. I have really seen no proof of anything so far. And since I am only running 27s right now, I don't see much need in messing with mine at the moment. I really haven't seen any before and after videos of the same tests. Maybe the seat of the pants feel is better, but I just can't justify the cost right now after all the $ I have spent on mine this year. Maybe DLB will get it and give us a good before and after review.

Butch450 likes this.
  10. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I will do a review/write up on here if I end up getting it done. I'm not running big tires either, but I figured if it helps with low end snap and provides better belt grip, it may be worth the price.

Butch450 likes this.
  11. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

I never thought I needed clutch work either, until I did it. Then I was wondering why the hell I didn't do it sooner lol. I don't have a JBS machined sheave so I can't really comment on his versus my UTV Inc sheave, or anyone else's for that matter, but any additional low end torque is always a good thing in my book. Couple the sheave with a shim, the proper weighted rollers and 2ndary spring , and I was amazed how much more low end power there is. Also quicker acceleration through the powerband as well.

DLB likes this.
  12. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Butch, that's where I'm at right now. I have a feeling that Kawi is going up the power in 2016, and I'll probably catch the bug. I never had the urge to upgrade when the 800 came out, but if they land a 900+ in the T4 with some better suspension, that's going to be very tempting. Hopefully with this clutch work, I'll be satisfied for a couple more years.

13. mrwvsportsman

And I'll be bummed lol.

14. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

It probably won't happen like I'm thinking, but I bet they will make some kind of change. If they are starting a pattern, it's 2 years and then an update. 12-13 T4 750; 14-15 T2/T4 800; 16-17 ???

The nice thing about that 800 is that you have power options. They respond to the PCV and exhaust systems better, plus they have more support from engine builders it seems.

15. mrwvsportsman

The one who has had it done so far seems very pleased. Looking forward to more reviews. I have heard nothing g but great things about James' clutch work esp with yamaha. But....and I'm sure I will get blasted for saying this...but from my point of view as a customer who really doesn't know the first thing about how a clutch works, the only thing I have to go off of is what I see on the interweb right now. I know of many guys who are thrilled with their vfj set up. And now I know of one who went from vfj to jbs and says it has never ran better. So it looks like either way, I would be pleased over stock. And as more guys try out jbs I'm sure we will see more evidence of a great product. Hopefully some more will switch from one to the other and give some good feedback on the pros and cons. As it has been said many times before, competition only benefits us, the consumer! In the meantime I could care less about the drama and name calling on both sides. Just glad it settled down and both are working their butts off to give us the best product on the market. You can't tell me that John is just sitting back resting completely assured that he has gotten all he possibly can out of these machines. I know James isn't. Keep the battle going boys, but civil, cause we all win in the end!

Butch450 and DLB like this.
  16. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Bottom line is I would want to see both installed and running on stock machines regardless before committing to either. I like James and he does some great work, but at the end of the day I have to see something not just read it, and there are way too many variables if the machines are already modded to hell that could factor into the outcome.

17. wvhotrod

wvhotrod Member

after seeing how many of the people had my back when i was posting vids to prove what i did then say im drama cause im the only one against the world and him post vids with a rope high in a tree in pee gravel and mine on hard pack squealing the tires then him use the old style teryx to show donuts and say you all say you havent seen any difference..he said it was the belt squealing and it wasnt..he said it was a 750 but it was a 800..wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you think they are the same after i tell you they are not then dont beleive me and pay more for less ....i do all this research and get pounded...i should add that to my price

18. wvhotrod

wvhotrod Member

i will be on my forum with my drama

19. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

James no one said you were drama. All that was said is there was drama. And you can't say there wasn't. I am referring to the FB BS that was being spewed, not on your site. Sure you may have been attacked just like back in the day on the Rhino Forums and when all that BS went down on GC but no one here or any other site I own was saying anything bad about you or your products back then, and we aren't now. If we were then there is no way I would push the reviews on my sites of your products they way we do. You do have to realize that when 2 competitors go at it like that, that regardless of who really is to blame, some people do get turned off by it.

Once you have a finished product for sale it will be great to see all the comparisons and read everyones reviews, and I hope your setup trounces any competition in both sales and performance, but you can't expect me or anyone else for that matter to just believe everything we read or hear, especially on something that isn't being sold yet. I have seen way too many battles between not only clutch companies but other product competitors over the years and they have taught me to not believe the hype, (even if it's warranted) until all products are available to consumers and been tested by non biased reviewers. So I am sorry if you think I am attacking you or your products, cause I am not. Just stating my opinion.