Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Teryx Central Sticker Pre Order Info Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Butch450, Apr 29, 2015.

?

What Size Stickers Do You Want?

1. Standard 8" x 3"

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Custom 4" x 1.5"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Custom 24" x 6"

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

This thread is to keep you informed on the stickers we are having made and also to get an idea of how many we may need to order for our first large run. So read on for all the info so far and reply back with your comments as well as vote for which ones you would like in the poll...

We have test runs of decals being produced right now from 2 different companies. The standard Stickers will be 8" wide x X high" (the height will be determined once the company sets up the proofs, but figure 2"-3"). We figured some members may want different size options so I will add some size options in the poll and just vote for all the sizes you would like and reply with a comment of how many of each. Obviously any larger size stickers would be custom so the price will reflect that. I am still waiting on final pricing for the standard decals as well as the custom size options and pricing so I will post them as soon as I know.

The standard stickers will be 1 piece clear vinyl with the logo printed on it using UV ink and rated for outdoor use. They will be trace cut around the outside. Die cut is an option but due to the letters in "Central" being smaller and thinner than the word "Teryx" we feel there may be too many issues with them not transferring right or being applied improperly so a 1 piece sticker is the best way to go. Since they will be 1 piece, the clear vinyl is the best choice so the color of the surface you put them on will show through and it will look nicer than sticking them on a solid white or black background. Doing them in this manner leads to one issue... If you want to apply these stickers on a white surface the white lettering will just blend in and become unreadable. So for those interested we are looking into the possibilities and pricing to create custom orders on black vinyl, or possibly a custom option to change the white out to a different color (possibly Green since the logo already uses red and blue) I'll post up info and pricing as it becomes available.

So what do you guys think? How many do you see yourself ordering and which size? Vote in the poll as well. It's set for unlimited choice so click which ones and reply in the thread how many of each.

TheStig likes this.
  2. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

The standard size should work for me. I plan on putting one on each side of the rear fenders of my T4. The 24" stickers would be cool, but I'm not sure they'd work.

3. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't understand why nothing is ever easy for me lol... :angryfire:...Turns out we just hit a little snag with these decals (RnR also) and the company we were hoping to use for the main bulk orders. Unfortunately he didn't realize his machine doesn't have the ability to print white ink so I have quotes out to 3 other companies that can. The 2nd company I ordered the custom color decals from as a test on RnR has shipped them and hopefully I will have them by Monday. Their pricing is actually pretty good for larger quantity orders so as long as they look good maybe we will just use them. They are only 2.5 mil though so I really wanted to compare them against other decals that are 3 mil and thicker. They quoted me a price on the 24" stickers and it was a bit higher than I expected but I would probably be able to get the cost down if they were doing all of the stickers with them and not just the custom color ones.

I'll keep you updated as this drags on :017:

4. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

I will probably order 3 at least, depends on the price they come in at. Good luck and thanks for putting it all together!

5. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

Any details on this to share? Would be nice to represent at the WR ride.

6. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Have one more quote coming in tomorrow and a test run I should get by Friday so hopefully next week we will get them ordered. Its a shame southern vinyls couldn't do them cause we would have had them already. Not one quote has even come close to the price he was going to give us. Oh well not much we can do about it at this point unless we redo all 3 logo designs lol.

7. shortbus

shortbus Active Member

I will take 2

8. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Anyone else? Kind of making it hard for me to shell out the money on them if nobody wants them lol.

Just received the last quote I was waiting on and from the looks of it we will be ordering all standard colored decals through them. They just need to tweak the quote a little before I place an order. The pricing is on par with the other company I have a test run being done with right now but the decals from this company will be 3 mil clear vinyl with a 3 mil laminate so they will be thicker and more durable. The other company is 3 mil clear vinyl, UV Ink, with a sprayed on UV protective coating. Unfortunately this company has a 100 piece minimum quantity per order so I really don't want to sit on 100 stickers if no one wants to purchase them.

Also Rob @ Blown Concepts has our vector files and is going to try and work something up for us for future purchase! Rob does great wraps and decals so I am pretty excited to see what he can make for us. I know whatever it is it will be thick and extremely durable!

9. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Well I am going to place an order tomorrow for the decals for here and RnR. Should have them next week hopefully. I ordered a smaller quantity for here simply because there doesn't really seem to be much demand for them. I could always order more if needed anyways. The decals are 8" x 3" printed on clear 3 mil vinyl with a 3 mil laminate for more durability. They cost more due to the laminate but should hold up better and longer than a sprayed on UV coating. Once I have them I'll let everyone know and throw up info for ordering. They are going to be $10 a piece including postage (standard USPS mail) in the US. For Canadian orders I'll have to check pricing.

MIKE_D likes this.
  10. shortbus

shortbus Active Member

Just let me know when I need to send the money.

11. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Will do. They sent the proofs today for approval and should get printed tomorrow or Thursday.

12. shortbus

shortbus Active Member

13. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Rob @ Blown Concepts is making up some 3" decals that we can use as freebies and he will be the one doing a 24" decal for us if anyone wants. For now I just ordered 2 cause I know Mike_D wants one and then I would have one available. They are 10 mil thick and laminated so they will be extremely durable. They will be $20 shipped. If anyone else wants them down the road he has a $20 minimum order and pretty quick turnaround so I will just order them as needed. Here is what the 24" decal and 3" decals will look like, but a little cleaner die cut...

Picture 7.png

DLB likes this.
  14. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

I reckon I'll take a pair of the 8x3 when you're ready.

15. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

16. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just logged into my account to see what was up with the order and it's marked as printed and ship by the 22nd so I guess with the holiday Monday chances are they won't be here till the 26th or 27th.

MIKE_D likes this.
  17. shortbus

shortbus Active Member

I will take 2 of them.

18. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Decals should be here tomorrow :97:

shortbus and DLB like this.
  19. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member