Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Teryx Central Showcase Tutorial

Discussion in 'Teryx Central Site Help and Comments' started by Butch450, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

So we have installed and setup a new Xenforo Add on titled "Showcase" . Essentially think of it as the Garage page you are all accustomed to using on most off-road forums, but it is a bit different. Thought I would offer up a little tutorial on how to create a "New Item" (garage, project build etc.) on the "Showcase page, and also how some of the categories will integrate with current forums on the Forum page.

To start out click the "Showcase" menu tab in the main header menu...
    showcase nav tab.png

On the main Showcase page click on the create new item button...
    create new item.png

A popup menu will open with the category drop down list...
    category popup 1.png

Click the drop down menu to reveal all the categories, then select the category you want and click "Continue"...
    category popup 2.png

You will then be taken to the item creation page. Depending on the Category you have chosen you will see a prefix already selected labeled "Garage" or "Project Builds". If you selected the Category "Teryx Project Builds"...Fill in the "Item Name", "Item Description", Some tags if you like, and then "General Information" is where you write all your information (just like a post in the forums), then upload all your images by clicking "Upload Images to Gallery" and then click "Create Item'. Here are a few pics of what the page looks like. I couldn't capture the whole page as a single image...
    New Item Page 1.png
    New Item Page 2.png

Once done you will be redirected to the Showcase Home page and your project build will be listed. When you create a Teryx Project Build Item it will also generate a thread automatically in the "Teryx Member Project Builds Forum" Members will be able to post comments and replies on both pages for your item.

When creating an item for any other Category except for "Teryx Project Build" it will have a prefix of "Garage". The remaining categories are... Kawasaki Teryx, Kawasaki Teryx 4, UTV and Side by Sides (anything but a teryx!), Utility and Sport ATV and Member Trucks and Trailers. You create an item the same as described above but there are a few extras and differences. Since these are all labeled as "Garage" there is an extra field when creating the item titled "Modifications". As well as an extra "Make" drop down box for both the UTV and ATV categories. Figured it would be good for everyone to be able to just copy and paste a modification list they may already have on another forum and also the main manufacturers are all listed in the Make drop down box...
    garage 1.png
    garage 2.png

As with the Project Builds category, when you create a "Garage" for either the Kawasaki Teryx or Kawasaki Teryx4 category a new thread will automatically be created in the Teryx Talk and Teryx4 Talk Forums to allow members to participate on both pages. When you create an item in the category Members Trucks and Trailers a thread will be created in the forum "Members Rigs". The other categories are not associated with any forums but down the line they may.

The showcase also displays as a forum in the Forum list and lists how many items are created as well as how many images and comments. You can mouse over the category icon and click on any category to go directly to that categories page...
    showcase forum category list.png

There is also a block in the top right of the sidebar on pc (bottom of forum list on mobile), that will display recent , featured and popular items along with a thumbnail and link to their page. Featured items are set by the staff...I think lol, have to check permissions again so we will add as many as we can based on when a new item is created.

I think that's it for now but if you have any questions or notice something not working please hit us up either by posting in this thread or by conversation.

DLB and thegrizz like this.
  2. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

Great job putting this together Butch!

Butch450 likes this.
  3. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

@thegrizz Thanks. Now if I can only find a cached version of my old garage so I can copy and paste all my modifications lol. I can't remember them all and really don't want to type it all out.

4. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice tutorial Butch. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I just created my garage; saved it as a draft until I get more in there.

5. mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman Active Member

ahhh come on! Go ahead and post it. You can always add to it! Show off those sexy blue rims!

6. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Alright alright! :rolleyes: I posted some more pics and published it. My modification list is a mess. I need to start walking around my T4 and taking notes :confused:

BTW! Why aren't those slick looking green wheels mounted yet??

7. mrwvsportsman

I missed the instructions on adding a Modifications tab. I will have to go back and figure out how to do that. Looks Good! Wheels and much more coming this weekend!!!

DLB likes this.
  8. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

When creating a project build thread there isn't a modification tab. Figured since it will be ongoing and receive updates over time each additional post you make to it would list the newest mods. Figured then once you are done with the build you then create a Garage for it to show it off in it's finished state with a full list on the modification list. It can be changed though if you all think it would be better to have it and then you can edit it as you go as well?

9. mrwvsportsman

Gotcha. Makes sense..thanks.

10. mrwvsportsman

Does it always show the little alert balloon with a #2 in it above the showcase tab for everyone else, or is it just me. It is driving me nuts for some reason. It doesn't go away no matter what I do.

11. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Mine shows nothing right now, but that's probably because I went through your Showcase/Build pictures and read your updates recently. Whenever someone makes an update to their garage or build, I think it shows up as an alert on the showcase tab. I may be wrong, but that's the way I've come to understand it. Try going through my garage and see if it clears it. I made a couple updates to my YZ and Teryx so that maybe what it is.

12. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave hit the nail on the head. Whenever someone adds an item or updates one it will show an alert. If you click new items in the drop down list it will take you to the page with the new items and once you click on each of them they are removed from the alert box. If you go into "Alert Preferences" on your settings page you can change your settings to turn them off or not.

13. mrwvsportsman

Thanks guys!

14. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

For us guys that are mid build, I say mid cause they are never done, we could post a few pics of past progress.

thegrizz likes this.