Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Teryx Central Site Help and Comments' started by muddyrex, Feb 3, 2015.

1. muddyrex

muddyrex Member

I can't locate this on tapatalk. Is it available on that app?

2. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

This site is using a full responsive mobile software suite and theme so Tapatalk is not needed. You can even upload images to your posts straight from your phone or tablet. A few of our other sites are on tapatalk but they are running older versions of vBulletin which doesn't offer true mobile compatibility like this Xenforo software allows. This is our 1st site using Xenforo and chances are we will be converting our other sites to it and ditching tapatalk as well.

thegrizz likes this.
  3. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I've found the mobile version of TC to be very nice. I've been using tapatalk for years, but it's always lacked the forum feel.

thegrizz likes this.
  4. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

So far we like it a lot compared to the various versions of vBulletin we have used. Xenforo still has it's quirks but as a whole has a lot more going for it. I could go into a whole tirade about why Tapatalk isn't good for site owners but I'll spare ya's. Tapatalk always had one thing going for it and it was the speed of loading posts. I never liked how stripped down it is since I prefer to see everything when viewing a site and I really don't care for their latest revision of the app and software, especially since it's slower and buggy as hell. Now with newer technology and mobile responsive software/themes it just isn't necessary. They know that also, so they have really changed up the app and honestly it doesn't work as fast as it used to anymore and they have had some horrible security holes pop up as of late.

DLB likes this.