Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

SxS wanna-be-owner

Discussion in 'Welcome to Teryx Central' started by Buckrub, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Buckrub

Buckrub New Member

'Bout decided on the T2 base, but now the Y-Wolverine has me intrigued. I'm old, this is my last ATV. Finding an actual place that has these to view is another trick! Reading about all the dealer woes is another. Dealer for both in my hometown, but he has terrible reputation.

Don't ride traditional structured 'trails'. This is for hunting, both at hunting lease and at our farm. Not a ton of mud, but some. Friend has a Gator, throws mud all over him. Like that the T2 has doors! Seems simple enough to do, but not many have 'em! Need power to pull, nimble in the woods, comfortable to drive for me and wife (both old geezers! :)) Probably not going to do a ton of after market mods, but maybe some.

Not sure why there are two User Group sites...........but just stumbled on this one.

2. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

:welcome: Welcome to the site. I'm not sure about the Yamaha Wolverine (this is a Kawasaki Teryx site, sorry) but I didn't think they are in production yet. Someone will correct me though. As for the Teryx...it'll accomplish everything you listed...and more. I am a Kawi and Yamaha guy. But I like the V-twin power and torque so I'll always pick that first if given the option. It's been a while since I have worked on one or bought any parts but it seems that the Kawasaki OEM stuff was usually cheaper than my Yamaha stuff. I once replaced a clutch bearing that ran $120 bucks from Yamaha and it looked like it should have ran $10.

As for reliability...these days there are pros and cons with all of them. Polaris has to be one of the weakest machines though (my opinion).

Why 2 sites? Well, we like to be different. :icon_thumleft:

3. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome Buckrub.
    thegrizz is correct about the Teryx being able to do everything you need and more. It's torquey and nimble enough to have fun, but is also perfect for hunting, work or just cruising around.

According to a couple articles I've read, the Wolverines should be at the dealerships by next month. No doubt it's a very nice SxS. I've never seen Yamaha make a poor quality machine, unlike Polaris. That said, I think they missed the mark be sticking with a thumper. Some guys don't care, but a lot do. I believe there would be a lot more buzz right now if Yamaha would have dropped in an 800 or 900 twin. Maybe my opinion will change when/if I get to drive one. Purely subjective, but that's my take.

4. Buckrub

Buckrub New Member

Yeah, after sleeping on it and checking out their site, I'm not impressed with them. I had it down to the Arctic Cat and the Commander, but reading and reading, I'm back on the T-Rex. All this without ever touching one, mind you!! :) I did check out the users group of each manufacturer and there are the inevitable pile of Buyer's Remorse and Buyer's Loyalty posts on all of them. That tells me that these machines all have SOME issues and it's probably problematic which ones will last longer. One guy told me Honda has the fewest problems, by far.........and another guy said "That's cause they don't have enough power to leave the yard". ha.

Now it's finding one I like that I can afford, at a place I can trust. I'm pretty much thinking of staying with the base one. Honest, I cannot stand that lime green, ugh. Sorry but no. I can envision a lot of after market mods I'd like........except that I am a klutz with 10 thumbs and no mechanical ability!

One thing that I think they all miss the boat on is graphics and colors. If you see how the aftermarket guys paint theirs up, you see what folks want. It'd seem the manufacturers would catch on. They make various colors, some vibrant, but they're all just base colors. Oh well.........that's an easy fix, so.

Thanks.

5. Ar15a2

Ar15a2 Member

There's at least 3 teryx dedicated boards. Maybe more. I'm on two of em.