Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Pitbull Growler vs ITP MudLite XTR

Discussion in 'Teryx Wheels and Tires Forum' started by Footer, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Footer

Footer Member

Anyone running either Growlers or XTR's? Trying to decide which way to go.. Both are heavier so I am sticking with 26(.5) x 12. no clutch kit and standard oem rim.

2. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Man that's a tough one. Both are great looking tires. Both made in USA. Probably similar performance across the board. Pitbull has a tough reputation, so not sure how the XTR stacks up in strength.

3. Footer

Footer Member

my biggest concern is the weight of the tires. It will be about 40 pounds heavier than my BH2.0.. But I always ride alone, so it would be less than having a passenger. lol

4. Ride

Ride Member

The XTRs are sort of a dated tire. Weak sidewalls. A lot of folks tried them 3 or 4 years ago thinking the sidewalls were a little stronger than the BigHorns. They were not. They rim-pinch just as easy. PitBulls had a reputation of shedding lugs when they first came out. I believe they have fixed that problem now. For East-Coast trails these days it seems the Blackwater EVOs or EFX Motoclaws get the nod.

5. Footer

Footer Member

6. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

Second on the poor sidewall strength of the XTR. I had a set and the had a bunch of plugs before I sent them on their way. PitBull all the way!

7. Footer

Footer Member

I am thinking Pits!