Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

My PCV Failure Symptoms on 2014 T4 800

Discussion in 'Teryx Electrical, Stereo and Lighting Forum' started by Magellan, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

OK so this all started on the Charity Ride last year. T4 dies repeatedly like it is getting no fuel. It would happen randomly about every 10 or so minutes. Most times I could turn the key off and back on and it would fire right up. Sometimes it would take a minute to crank and multiple key off wait a few then back on. Thank you PC925.

Anyway Matt took off my fuel filter on the trail because it was like it was not getting fuel. Thanks Matt.

OK 6 months plus later, machine starts running like shit, backfiring then dies. Can't get it to start and it fouls the plugs. Change plugs can barely get it to idle then dies with fouled plugs again. Neighbor comes over with netbook. Download the PCV program off my T2 PCV reflash my T4 PCV, fires right up and runs perfectly. Week later, same thing wont start or run, fouls plugs. Reflash, fixed.

Got a new PCV ready to install. VFJ says I can warranty the one I have. Cool, thanks VFJ!!

Anybody else had a PCV fail, what were your symptoms?

2. PANate

PANate New Member

I have seen this on Can Am's. Did you try disconecting the PC5 and running your machine without it?

3. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting. I had a similar experience with an MSD on a Brute Force. Ran great for over a year and then one day it failed. We stopped for break during a ride; I went to fire it up and it just cranked and cranked. I pulled my plugs, checked the filter, etc etc. Finally after about 15 mins of racking my brain, I disconnected the MSD and connected the harness directly into the ECU. Bingo. It fired right up and ran fine the rest of the day. I called VFJ and he tried to help me out but MSD wouldn't budge. They said it was a month out of warranty, so there was $400 pissed down the drain. Really sucked because that VFJ tuned MSD made that thing run like a beast.

4. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

No that would have been next after the reflash, but only to idle. I need a lot more fuel and it would be super lean. I have a lot of work in the engine. Definitely would not run it with the stock ECM other than idle.

I am sure it would have started right up. When we tried the first reflash and it went from killing the battery trying to start it to firing right up, I was like, OK I just wasted 500 on a new fuel pump and relay but now I have a spare ready to pop right in a tank. Great. :03:

5. shortbus

shortbus Active Member

Will mine quit missing when I took the PCV out of the pelican box. I think it was getting to hot.

6. Ride

Ride Member

Mine would not idle (After a wash). Took off the cover and let it dry-out for a day or two. The only intrusion points are the USB and the little dash-pot holes. It is filled solid with an epoxy-like stuff. Dabbed Dielectric-grease in the holes, put the rubber-plugs back in. No problem since. No case.

thegrizz likes this.
  7. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

Mine was getting hot to Jack. Then I guess it got wet or fried. I am now trying to locate them as far away from the heat as possible and in as much air as they can be in naked without getting wet. Hopefully this one lasts longer.