Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Muffler clamp bolt

Discussion in 'Teryx Engine and Transmission Forum' started by Ar15a2, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Ar15a2

Ar15a2 Member

Does anyone know the size/ thread of the muffler clamp bolts? I have a broken ons and would line to just get one at the hardware store if possible. Thx or maybe what size is the muffler clamp itself. Maybe I can get one at an auto parts store

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  2. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you ever get it fixed?

3. Ar15a2

Ar15a2 Member

No. I had brought the teryx home to fix my winch bumper, take off sway bar, clean it , clean radiator. Etc,that's when I saw the broken clamp. I did all my lil projects on it and parked it. It sat in all the big rain we got cuz I had to make a space for it in the shed.it was running fine. Yesterday I took the broken clamp off to see if I could match it up at an auto parts store , no luck. When I started the machine to move it with the clamp off, it starts and runs fine besides being loud, but it will barely move. It revs fine but just barely moves at all. Could this be related to the exhaust leak?

4. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

Moisture in the CVT AR?

5. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't imagine the exhaust leak causing it to barely move. I've driven my Teryx a short distance without the muffler installed. It was obnoxiously loud, but it drove normal.

6. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

He said it sat out in the rain all night, was this disassembled? Did your sheaves get wet?

7. Ar15a2

Ar15a2 Member

It sat out in a real heavy rain. 7" of rain, but all the plastics were on. Plus the belt doesn't squeal. The new clamp is coming Thursday. I'm not gonna mess with it again til then. I'll post what happens. Keep the suggestions coming please.

8. Ar15a2

Ar15a2 Member

Today I figured out my muffler clamp is being shipped Thursday , not delivered. So I had a min or two and fired the Rex up. It did better. Still seems like revs are high to me for how fast I was going. I didn see any water coming from the cvt exhaust. The shifter feels a lil more finicky than usual. Could an actuator of some type gotten wet?

9. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

That's a tough one. You think the humidity may have caused a sensor or contact to act up? These things are made to be wet.

10. Ar15a2

Ar15a2 Member

I dunno. I know the rain was almost biblical. Flooded the whole city pretty much. My machine was never in standing water, but 7"+ of rain fell in just over 24 hours. I stil can't see how water coulda gotten in the clutch though, but I haven't ruled that out by opening it up or removing the tiny hard to reach drain .

11. Ar15a2

Ar15a2 Member

Well, I ordered this clamp and apparently they have to be flown by carrier pigeon from japan. $13 & $6 shipping. Was at tractor supply today and picked up a very very similar clamp for $2.50. Still haven't looked at the clutch....

12. Ar15a2

Ar15a2 Member

Ok , I think, in the biblical rainfall, a lil water worked it's way into the clutch thru the exhaust connection. There's no debris or water in the clutch housing and the machine is runnin great and the $2.50 clamp worked just fine!!

13. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Good you figured it out. Even better that it only cost $2.50 :great: