Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

longer shocks

Discussion in 'Teryx Suspension Forum' started by Bettykant, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Bettykant

Bettykant Member

Haven't found too much on it but wondering about running longer shocks I've found can am commanders have about the same spring rate im fine with fabbing shock towers and such just don't wanna go too long and have to protrude through the bed front should have plenty of room.. any one done this? I don't see gaining much droop but see lots of potential for gaining bump (or up travel)

2. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

This sounds like a good question for @Magellan . He has quite a bit of experience with shock setups.

3. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting idea, is there plenty of room for the axles to swing up, I haven't ever looked at it that close?

4. Bettykant

Bettykant Member

I flexed mine out the other day thinking and looking compression backed out all the way preload nut is aprrox 1-1/2" from top thread and my axle or arms on the up side weren't even quite level... and my shock wasn't even fully compressed I still had a little over an inch of shock shafts left before I hit the rubber stopper inside the coil spring. Just finding the right shock to work without a lot of money out in trial and error is my hold back. Can roughly go and inch higher in the rear before running into the bed and my cage chop kinda screwed me for a bed lift..

TheStig likes this.
  5. Bettykant

Bettykant Member

Running a 2 inch high lifter by the way. So if a commander shock is 2" longer eye to eye fully extended I should be able to remove my lift gain and inch or so from that and fab a upper shock mount gain and inch there. But i haven't found all the shock specs I'd like to on the commanders. I'd like to come up with something though.

6. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

I think a lot of guys would be interested to see what you come up with.

7. Bettykant

Bettykant Member

I'm gonna try it. Or something along the lines. It gets hard around my house now with a kiddo not much time to tinker. Wife works nights so we both act as single parents almost I'll be sure to post my findings and if and how it works

TheStig likes this.