Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Logo for this site

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Magellan, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

Hi Guys/Gals,

I know a guy who does a bunch of cool graphics, actually I know two but one would probably make us something killer in photoshop for free. What would you guys like to see at the top of the page and thegriz, please PM me what dimensions you need.

Thanks for your input guys, let's come up with some killer idea together.

2. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

I sent you a PM.

3. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL, I saw this thread title and started having flashbacks of the nightmares trying to come up with a new logo for RnR. Before anyone asks or comments on how crappy that current one is... I agree! I hate the logo I am using on there lol. I threw it together so we had something when we launched the site and unfortunately no one has come up with anything better (paid or free) so we stick with it.

There are very few off-road sites that have great logos. Off the top of my head I could probably only name 4 or 5 that are great. The domain name plays such an intricate part in the logo styling and sometimes makes it next to impossible to create the perfect logo. Simple, clean, easy to read and only 1 or 2 colors. Not cartoonish. The green used throughout the site design is rgb 49,255,49 for those interested in trying to come up with something on their own. Most of the nicer logos use only white for text and if a secondary color is used it's mainly for outlines. It would need to be used for watermarks, headers, banners, stickers etc. Dimensions really don't matter, the design itself can be anything except it can't border on copyright infringement.

4. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

We need this one to represent us. Maybe a montage of small photos in teh background then Teryx Central in the center of focus. All we need is an idea nad photos for Keith to work with and he will come up with something gool or if not I will get in touch with our wrap guy Dallas in Louisville. He is insane and in the top 5 wrap guys and a sponsored by Roland guy.

Check my lighters.
    IMG_3551.jpg IMG_3552.jpg IMG_3553.jpg IMG_3554.jpg

Butch450 likes this.
  5. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

The sites main logo is what needs to be done first. Like your helifreak logo it should depict what the site is. Designing a background and header using members images with their permission is 2nd. I use members images in the header and background on RnR and we would like to do that here also. You can make fun of my logo if you want lol

rnr home.png

rnr forum.png

DLB likes this.
  6. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

I like it. A little complex but still good. We need something like that cool here and none of us have the money right before tax time to do it. I hope nad think I can help. Keith is really cool Canadian. Way cool. Way talented. Very giving and caring. So you guys got any ideas? I hope I was not out of order posting this, I just want it to be as cool as possible not like the mutant ninja turtle look like some sites.....

Butch450 likes this.
  7. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL, yeah I know what you mean. My first thought for here was to stay far away from making it 50 shades of green lol. Nah your not out of order, it needs to be done and if members have ideas we can incorporate then all the better. I really have no idea on what to do for here lol.

8. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

Thank you. I agree. 50 shades, hahahhaha. I need to get Mark to stop playing his guitar and get on the site. Jack and Angie are probably riding, like Matt, Mickey, pretty much everybody. The rain has finally left them. We will see if there are any carnage photos. HEHHEHEHE

9. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

I would love to see working concepts. I would like it simple enough that it's easy for making decals, shirts and other swag.

In the end...we could put it to a vote if there are several concepts. This site is more about it's members so they should get a vote I think. I still want to retain veto power!:d030:

10. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

So I just threw this together quick in ps. More just to give an idea. I could really clean it up nice but don't want to spend much time with it.
    Untitled-1.png

11. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Here is the same logo with different color combos and fonts...
    Untitled-2.png Untitled-3.png Untitled-4.png Untitled-5.png
    Untitled-6.png

And one with a slight bevel...
    Untitled-7.png

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  12. jschmidt

jschmidt Member

Just speaking for myself, I wouldn't be inclined to tell some other guy how to run his business. And I am pretty free with my opinions.
    The board has developed really nicely - just in the since we all came over. I've been impressed by the improvements already.

thegrizz and Butch450 like this.
  13. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for your input. We try our best. We actually want members to give feedback and voice their opinions good or bad and are always willing to listen to suggestions on improving the site and it's functions.

Here is another logo, same as the last one but with most of the text in caps using impact...
    tc logo.png

And one last one using lower case impact...
    tc logo3.png

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  14. PANate

PANate New Member

Something with an actual Trex head, the dinosaur, and an American flag would be killer..

15. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

The background header on RnR has always been my favorite of all the forums I frequent.

Magellan likes this.
  16. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

For the logo I think even having the Trex would probably be too complex. I tried throwing something together using a a few different Trex heads and they all looked like ass. I found a skull image that I made into the T and it is ...uhm...well different lol, I will throw it up.

Thank You sir.

Okay so thought this would be an interesting take on having a Trex as part of the logo. More for inspiration to others...

t rex.png trex2.png

firstlight and DLB like this.
  17. PANate

PANate New Member

Hmm, not a bad start.. Little to hard to descipher for people unfamiliar though... The more I think about it the more having that Trex in the logo would be great for the brand.

18. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I prefer all CAPs for the lettering. Looks more serious. :angry:

19. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

I like the skull head. Didn't think I would at first. The text font though needs to match

I had a few minuted before heading out to work. I took the signature Teryx logo and rasterized it. Someone mentioned a flag so I played with that. I also added a collage too on one. The "central" part I'm not feeling. but I think if I converted the thing to a vector image I could do more.

My idea when you hit the site...You should know what it's about from the title / logo. That's why I used the OG Teryx logo. There's no question. "It's about the Kawi Teryx." I also think it should be simple and to the point.

TERYX_LOGO_FLAG.png

TERYXCENTRAL LOGO1.png

Again, these were quick renderings. Could be changed, added too or trashed. I didn't spend much time obviously.

TheStig, MIKE_D, firstlight and 4 others like this.
  20. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice Grizz. I agree that using the recognizable Teryx signature is the way to go. It grabs attention, and makes it look more official.

thegrizz likes this.