Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

JBS Performance Kawasaki Teryx floorboard protector Install/First Impressions

Discussion in 'Teryx Central News and Reviews' started by TheStig, Jan 29, 2015.

1. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

JBS Performance steps up to the plate with their new Kawasaki Teryx floorboard protectors.

It’s no secret that there’s a problem with the weak plastic floorboards and front fender wells on the Kawasaki Teryx. The Teryx is built like a tank otherwise but the floorboards are the chink in it’s armor. I’ve already had a busted passenger side floorboard at less than 400 miles and to their credit Kawasaki replaced it free but it’s a hassle and safety issue that I’d rather avoid. While I’ve been assured that Kawasaki is looking into this problem beyond the flimsy metal “upgrade” piece they put on the 2014’s which does very little to actually prevent busting a floorboard. I’d rather be proactive about a solution so I can ride with peace of mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That’s where JBS Performance has stepped up to the plate with some serious hardware.JBS’ new Teryx floorboard protectors are solid steel units that are fully welded at the seams and ready to take the hits for your Teryx.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The JBS floorboard protectors come with all the necessary hardware to install them as well as some JBS swag.

[​IMG]

Installation is easy and James at JBS Performance has put together a very helpful install video to help guide you through the install.

It’s a great upgrade and can be done in less than an hour on most Teryx’s. I did have to remove the two front outer Ricochet skid plates to install the JBS protectors, this is necessary to install the self tapping screws on the bottom frame rail. Once the protectors are installed the Ricochets can go back on. If you haven’t installed aftermarket skid plates yet, I would recommend installing the JBS protectors first, then put your aftermarket skids on, this will save you some work for sure.

[​IMG]

I feel like this is a must have for any Teryx 4 or Teryx 2 800 and these are very affordable! I just wish these were available before I broke my floorboard the first time! Don’t wait until you break a floorboard to install some proper protection, avoid the downtime and lost riding time as well as the hassle of dealing with your local dealer to get it repaired! This really is a no brainer and gives you peace of mind out on the trail when you’re tackling tough terrain.

[​IMG]

JBS Performance took their time and engineered these right so they fit like a glove. They’re very strong and I have no more worries about busted floorboards and unwanted tree branches and rocks joining me in the cabin of my Teryx! The folks at JBS are honest, down to earth, hard working people and they are great to deal with! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend their products to anyone, everything I’ve ever seen come out of the JBS Performance shop has been quality stuff.

[​IMG]

It is worth mentioning that if you plan on going with some large 30″ mud tires or something along those lines you might run into some clearance issues but for the average Teryx there shouldn’t be any issues. That’s the only “con” I can think of and in my opinion the numerous “pros” you get when installing these JBS floorboard protectors make it an essential upgrade for most Teryx owners. Be sure to check out all of JBS Performance’ products Here!

So far the JBS floorboard protection is holding up great as I have started subjecting it to some abuse and they still look basically new. If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

wvhotrod, Footer, DLB and 1 other person like this.
  2. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

James have any other products in the works for the Teryx?

3. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

That look likes a "must have" item @TheStig . I never really realized how exposed that plastic really is.

4. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent write up @TheStig . These are absolute must have. I waited just a bit too long and busted my passenger side out. That will never be a problem now.

TheStig and thegrizz like this.
  5. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

James makes roofs and radiator guards for the Teryx also. He may have other stuff too, I haven't checked lately. The floorboard protectors are a must!

wvhotrod likes this.
  6. wvhotrod

wvhotrod Member