Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

JBS Floor Protection Kawasaki Teryx4 Installation and Review

Discussion in 'Member Reviews and Technical Articles' started by DLB, Mar 19, 2015.

By DLB on Mar 19, 2015 at 7:16 PM
  1. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I went nearly 1,500 miles in my Teryx4 without any floor damage, but based on how easily it broke, it could have happened at any time. The incident that caused a watermelon size hole to form in my floor (and firewall) happened at a leisurely pace while traversing modest terrain. The right front tire somehow grabbed a rock and wedged it between itself and the floorboard. There was no warning and no way to avoid the destruction that ensued. Fortunately, there is a great product that can solve this glaring problem.

Let's take a look at what Kawasaki came up with and compare it to what JBS Performance has designed in order to protect you and your machine.
    JBS.jpg

The small, thin pieces of metal that Kawasaki added to the floorboards leaves large amounts of area exposed and prone to damage. These flimsy floor guards do not come close to possessing the durability of the JBS Floor Protection. Everything about the Teryx is heavy duty and built with strength in mind, so it's surprising to see such inadequate protection in this important area.
    JBSFP1.jpg

Kawasaki has been very good about covering parts and labor for the first broken floor, but after that you could be on your own. To avoid that expensive and time consuming situation, JBS has developed a great product that will once and for all end broken floors.
    JBSFP3.jpg

The floor protectors shipped quickly and delivered in excellent condition.
    JBSFP4.jpg

The box includes all the hardware needed for installation.
    JBSFP5.jpg

Each floor protector is pre-drilled and slotted for easy installation.
    JBSFP6.jpg

Well thought out slots that allow for drainage.
    JBSFP7.jpg

Once installed, they are rock solid and the durable textured finish looks great!
    JBSFP8.jpg

27" tires will clear the JBS floor protection, but with 28" or larger tires, modification may be necessary.
    JBSFP9.jpg

Every Teryx owner should have this floor protection! They provide much needed safety and add durability.

Following this install video, produced by JBS, made the install a breeze:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7S9u3q6AaU

And for a tip on removing the factory floor pieces, watch this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9vWCytWA9M

I installed the JBS Floor Protection on my Teryx4 roughly one year ago. The install was simple and painless, and the fit and finish, outstanding. It is without a doubt the best accessory I have added. My only regret is not installing this protection sooner.

The increased safety benefit that comes with this protection should not be ignored. In fact, I believe it's the most important aspect. The confidence I have gained is also important to point out. No longer do I have to worry about blowing out the floor, and whether or not my passenger and I will be injured when it happens. I can now drive through creeks, brush and rocks without any concern of damage to the floor.

Despite how rare injuries may be, you only have to look at the third picture in this article to see how dangerous an unprotected floor can be. Fortunately, my passenger did not sustain any injuries. However, for the rest of the day we had to deal with an enormous hole in the firewall and floor that allowed mud, sticks and other debris to enter the cabin. It's not a situation I ever care to be in again. Thanks to JBS, it will never again be an issue.

To this day, I have not learned of one JBS floor protector that has failed. I honestly do not see how it is possible. I can not imagine a situation where a rock, stick, log, stump, or anything we encounter on the trail, could penetrate them. If a person somehow did break one of these protectors, I can only imagine what the rest of the machine would look like.

JBS Performance & Accessories is a great business. The owners are friendly and polite, and have always made time to answer my questions. Visit the website @ http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/ or give them a call at 304-877-3419.

Get you some JBS Protection!

Comments

Discussion in 'Member Reviews and Technical Articles' started by DLB, Mar 19, 2015.