Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

How do you clean this Beast!!!

Discussion in 'Teryx Detailing Forum' started by GoodtimesGoodfriends, Mar 12, 2015.

1. GoodtimesGoodfriends

GoodtimesGoodfriends Active Member

What a JOB it is to clean the T4. Let's get some tips on the process. What makes it PURDY when your done?!?

2. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

A good pressure washer with a Foamer. Then you gotta get personal with your machine. After she is clean I follow up with poor man's Plexus... Not even Pledge, poorer... I use tire foam. Cover her in it and wait till she is almost dry then "buff" with a microfiber cloth. Works for me.
    [​IMG]

3. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

Electric pressure washer and scrub brushes. I spray pledge or tire shine in the wheel wells before rides so mud sprays off easier.

4. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

I used to do the tire shine deal on my RZR. Do you notice it helping that much?

Typically I'd clean with a lower power pressure wash. Then good soapy soft brushes.

5. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

The water pressure at my house is intense, so I don't use a pressure washer, but I follow a regimen similar to Mike's. I finish with something like Pledge too, and buff it like wax. If you really want to go all out - spray armor all on all the black plastic in the wheel wheels and hit all the metal suspension parts and frame with silicone spray. Don't wipe anything off. It will shine better than it did new.

6. muddyrex

muddyrex Member

Ride it through a creek

7. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

It helps some but not a lot. They make some high dollar stuff that works better but I just "borrow" the pledge from the wife. Pledge works a little better than tire shine. Nothing works that well that I have tried but I have never tried the high dollar stuff they have at the dealer.

I don't give a shit if my rides look a little dirty. Only time I clean them a lot is when I need to service or work on them. The most important thing though is not to use so much pressure you inject water into your diffs or engine seals. The rear seal is famous for going to leaking if you pressure wash it directly. Hell they go to leaking just because even if you don't pressure was it pretty much..... sometime it takes a while, sometimes not. Kawi made some kind of fix to cover them in 2011.5. My early 2011 did not have the fix and it was like 250 so I never added it. Have not paid attention to the new machines to see if they had them or not.

It is belt change day today on my T4. 80 HARD hours on the BKP 900 kit on the existing belt and going to Buffalo Mountain next Wednesday. Can't wait to get back out in the woods. Patti my neighbor came over and flashed my new PCV and helped me reroute how it was hooked up on T4 yesterday and then we rerouted the one on my T2 as well. Both grounds are to engine not coil like in the directions.

thegrizz likes this.
  8. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

You definitely keep that beast clean.

DLB likes this.
  9. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

Not always... lol
    [​IMG]

DLB likes this.
  10. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

Cleaning was one of the reasons I got out of the mud game. I got tired of trying to get mainly the undercarriage clean enough to service. I was sick of changing the oil and ending up filthy. The WV outlaw trails have great creek crossings that do a splendid job of flushing the chassis out though. That was always handy if timed properly before the drive home the next day. Just watch some of the deeper holes. Right @Butch450 ?

DLB likes this.
  11. GoodtimesGoodfriends

Yeah, when I ride at the the Sandy creek here it details the heck out of the undercarriage.
    I usually pressure wash my T4 and then spend hours washing it. It is like cleaning dirt out of a bucket without turning it over. The bed was the worse until I enlarged all the tiny holes in the bed with a 3/8 paddle bit.
    SC1 is the high dollar stuff from the dealer that supposedly works so well. I used it for the first time the last time I cleaned it, and it will make it shine and is very easy to use. Just spray. We will see how it sheds mud.
    I know not to ever use that Black magic tire wet ever again. It shined her up but dirt actually sticks to it bad. I liked to never got it clean after using that crap.
    What is the poor man stuff you use @MIKE_D ?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    MIKE_D and thegrizz like this.
  12. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

Plexus is the good stuff, Pledge is roughly the same stuff for a lesser price. The poor man stuff I use is regular No Touch Tire Care (Tire Foam). Dollar General $2/can. Unlike Tire Wet it is water soluble and creates a barrier between the plastic and debris, a film if you will, hit it with water and BOOM fresh plastic again.
    http://www.notouch.com/ourProducts/OriginalTireCare.php

Magellan likes this.
  13. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

Thanks for the tip there is a Dollar store a couple miles from me. Thank you.

MIKE_D likes this.
  14. GoodtimesGoodfriends

In your case, it's a High Dolla Store up the road:72:

15. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Member

I use to use silicone on mine. nothing would stick to it and it would last a couple of rides. After a while the black plastic would start turning white, so I would just spray some purple power on it and viola clean again!