Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Hello... Glad I Found Ya...

Discussion in 'Welcome to Teryx Central' started by jyoungky, Jan 30, 2015.

1. jyoungky

jyoungky New Member

New member here (Jeff) from Northern Kentucky about 15 miles or so South of Cincy.
    Bought my 2012 Teryx 4 in June of 2013 and have never looked back. Love the machine, and so does my family..
    As far as places we ride, we are not particular, we just love to ride. To name a few: Brimstone, Wilderness Trail Offroad, Mineral Springs, Rush, etc.. I have a few buddies that I typically ride with, mostly quads and one other older Ranger SxS...
    Few things I have done to make it mine is: 2" Highlifter, Moose Wheels, 28" Swamplites, OEM Cargo Box, Full Motel Windshield, Badlands 5K winch, 52" and 10" lightbar, Froghead overhead box with a few noise goodies, etc..

Anyway, just wanted to say hey. Looking forward to digging in..

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    MIKE_D, thegrizz and wvhotrod like this.
  2. wvhotrod

wvhotrod Member

welcome!!

3. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome Aboard. Not sure what happened to your images but somehow they never uploaded to the server.

5. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

6. jyoungky

jyoungky New Member

Thanks for the link. I had the pics up then pulled them because it placed doubles of everything. One question, can we use TapaTalk? Love that app since I am on my phone much more than my PC.. I will post them again later..

7. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Tapatalk isn't needed on this site. The Forum Software and theme are fully responsive on mobile devices and we have made some additional tweeks to optimize it for mobile. You can even upload images from your smart phone or tablets.

thegrizz likes this.
  8. jyoungky

jyoungky New Member

Thats cool, I am on my phone now. Was just curious because i really like tapatalk.

thegrizz likes this.
  9. jyoungky

jyoungky New Member

10. jyoungky

jyoungky New Member

11. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

Tapatalk used to be a great 3rd party add on for the forums. Unfortunately it was just that, a 3rd party add on. Seems that we were all enslaved to what Tapatalk decided to push to our devices and to make things just a bit more complicated and kill system resources. On top of all this, it became a huge security risk for the forum owners. And required constant updating. User devices are much more advanced today. We felt that the overall user experience would be better without it.

12. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice T4. We used to install Tapatalk on our sites running vBulletin software since there wasn't any full fledged mobile designs. Tapatalk is a great alternative when there are no other options but unfortunately members viewing a site via tapatalk do not count towards the websites google analytics and even their created threads and uploads won't index in google. Essentially if using Tapatalk every post you make counts for them and not the site you visit which is bad for site owners. Unless of course you bought a personal license for it which I believe was a few thousand dollars per site.

Now they are running ads and making money off every site as well as emailing sites members with recommendations to other sites. I receive at least 2 emails a week from them telling me to check out other off-road forums which really pisses me off as a site owner. I have 1 site left now running it and I can't wait to upgrade the site to this software so I can finally turn it off.

Blackbirdxp1k likes this.
  13. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the new cool spot for all things Teryx! I'm only an hour north of Cinci, we'll have to ride sometime!

14. jyoungky

jyoungky New Member

Understood about the tapatalk thing for sure.. This is a really nice mobile layout. The site looks awesome.

Anyway. This will be cool when this site gets huge and i can say that i was one of the first wave of members. Lol.

Not going anywhere here, love this damn Teryx too much to want anytging else..

15. jyoungky

jyoungky New Member

We definitely need to get together and ride...I really want to ride pickett with you guys sometime..

MIKE_D and TheStig like this.
  16. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you!
    Be sure to help spread the word.

They are great machines.

17. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm sure we'll hit Pickett once or twice this year, I'll post up here when we do.

MIKE_D and thegrizz like this.
  18. GoodtimesGoodfriends

GoodtimesGoodfriends Active Member

Another familiar member! I like the layout as well

jyoungky and thegrizz like this.
  19. shortbus

shortbus Active Member

Welcome from TN.

20. MIKE_D

MIKE_D Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome from Lake Cumberland KY.
    I am 45 min from Pickett. We are planning a small ride the 22nd of this month if you wanna join.