Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Garage/Image Gallery coming soon...

Discussion in 'Teryx Central Site Help and Comments' started by Butch450, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

We will be installing an add on called showcase over the next few days. Once set up it works as an image gallery/garage page. We have been playing around with it on a test site and like the simplicity of it, and also garages threads, images galleries, member builds etc. can all be integrated within specific forums as well. So if you create a page in the garage as a project build lets say, we can configure it to also create a thread within the member build threads on the forum page. There is a test site from the creator you can check out if you like, but without being a licensed Xenforo owner you can not register to really see all of it's features. Check it out if you like and offer up your thoughts on it...http://xenaddons.com/showcase/

Don't mind the theme colors as they are the default Xenforo theme and won't look like that once installed and recoded.

2. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I like that a lot. Looks like it will be a breeze to navigate. Does this interact with the homepage? In other words, will there be a banner that streams across the page, showing member images?

3. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

On the Forum page there can be. It would be the featured slider at the top of the page in the link. Just depends on how it will look. If it doesn't look good I might be able to restyle it and alter it's size in the templates. The home page is just for the news articles and featured slider though.

Bettykant likes this.
  4. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

We are putting the finishing touches on the Showcase/Garage add on so it should be ready to open soon. We definitely won't be putting the feature slider above the forum list though cause it just looks horrible. Too big and way too much coding and time for me to restyle it and make it work right now. Instead there will be a Sidebar Tab widget at the top right of the siderbar block. Even though the showcase is closed you should still see the widget for now to get an idea of what it is.

5. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

The Garage, called "Showcase" is now open! I am going to throw together a little tutorial on how to create an Item (garage, project build etc.,) and explain how certain showcase categories integrate with the existing forum threads in a bit.

DLB likes this.
  6. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Sweet! I'll have to start going through my pictures later. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has done to their rides.

7. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

8. mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman Active Member

Works Great!! Thanks for this cool feature!

thegrizz and Butch450 like this.
  9. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Black Betty - I like that!