Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Drones for GoPro

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by DLB, Feb 27, 2015.

1. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd like to have a drone for mounting my GoPro and getting some good aerial shots, but most of what I've looked at is a bit expensive for the occasional filming I would do with it. I'm wondering if anyone has came across an inexpensive drone that has the power and stability to have a GoPro attached for occasional recording during a ride.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Bettykant

Bettykant Member

I've thought about this too. I think it would be neat some events I go to it'd be awesome. I've seen apps for them you can run it from your phone or tablet. Although I'd be lucky not to destroy it after I got 5 feet high the first time.

3. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't justify the ones that are GoPro capable. Too much money to risk losing in a tree canopy or in a strong gust of wind. I'm thinking sub $100 range. Here is one I'm considering:
    symadrone.jpg
    It's around $60 on Amazon and has a built in camera that takes 1280x720 video at 30 frames and 3.7 MP stills. Not nearly as good as the GoPro, but with some editing and filters I may be able to clean it up enough to look decent for a few seconds during a video.

4. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

Chances are once you get it you could probably swap out the camera for your gopro.

DLB likes this.
  5. Bettykant

Bettykant Member

I hardly know anything about them but was looking at the ar 2.0 can pick one up off local craigslist for 150-250 almost all day. The one you posted would do me just fine for all I'll use it and already has a camera and all.

6. Butch450

Butch450 Administrator
    Staff Member

I guess @Magellan would be a good person to ask since he deals with the rc helis. I am sure he probably knows of a good budget drone that may fit the bill.

7. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

I bought one like @DLB posted for my son. The biggest issue is it doesn't hover on its own. It's very cumbersome to control it smoothly for good video.

8. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

Ask on my site HeliFreak.com and you will get an answer. Ask in the General Multi-rotor forum. Lot of guys doing photography for fun on the cheap.

I don't fly a camera so I don't really get into multi rotors. I prefer pod and boom leg shaking adrenalin rush of bad ass 3D machines honestly. If it does not make me freak out when I push the limits, I would rather be riding.