Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Bad Dawg mirrors and fuel tank vent mod

Discussion in 'Teryx Custom Accessories Forum' started by firstlight, Mar 13, 2015.

1. firstlight

firstlight Member

Well I decided to follow everyones instructions on the vent mod. Kawi sure doesn't put the fuel vent in a very good place. Cost me about $35 and most of that was the little k&n air filter for atop the breather. I think i'm going to like the Bad Dawg mirrors. They are quite adjustable and seem to collapse nice. You have to watch which ones you buy though. I thought the cage on my 2015 was 1"7/8 but its 2". The mirrors I got at Bass Pro were for 1"7/8 but I oblonged the holes on the cage bracket and made them work just fine with no intergrity problems. I also bought a cheap rear view mirror and looks like that will do just fine. My next mods are going to be a homemade windshield because no one makes the kind I want for the 2015 and I'm going to make a back window out of see thru vinyl. I will post pics of doing all of that. Might be a few weeks though been working to much lately and no time to get the stuff required.

2. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

The pillars on my 2012 are also 2". I believe the cross members are 1 7/8". I'd like to know how the mirrors hold up. I've shattered 3 now. I pretty much gave up on side mirrors.

Magellan likes this.
  3. jschmidt

jschmidt Member

A friend of mine wanted mirrors like my Seizmiks. Because they look similar, he ended up buying Bad Dogs.
    My Seizmiks are fully functional, but his Bad Dogs are much nicer—the bracket construction is much higher quality.

4. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

I am also resigned to only a rear view mirror, the side mirrors end up as trail debris in short order in the conditions I like to ride in.

I did the fuel vent mod right away when I bought my Teryx, I ran it up under the hood and out beside the fuse box, I found out though that the little filter will still get caked with mud so I relocated it again to behind the passenger seat, I think it will stay much cleaner there.

Magellan and DLB like this.
  5. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I did the same thing at first with the fuel tank vent. Didn't work out so I moved it here:
    image.jpg
    Been like that for a couple years now.

TheStig and Butch450 like this.
  6. jschmidt

jschmidt Member

Have you tried folding mirrors? Mine get smacked back flat on every ride. But they still work perfectly

7. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes I have,lol.

8. jschmidt

jschmidt Member

Crazy. Where do you ride?

9. TheStig

TheStig Moderator
    Staff Member

Windrock, Pickett, Tackett Creek, Haspin Acres, WV Outlaw traIls, little of everything. I find the toughest terrain I can.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    DLB likes this.
  10. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

Mine folded too but they still shattered. Stig and I ride similar terrain. I actually broke my last mirror on the Outlaws.

TheStig likes this.
  11. jschmidt

jschmidt Member

Heard of some of those but I really don't know anything about them.

12. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

What rear view mirror are you guys running? I tried side mirrors, gave them up for lint. ;) I ride a lot of the same places you guys do.

thegrizz likes this.
  13. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm using the CIPA UTV Deluxe. Bought it on amazon. It's $31, prime shipping, right now.