Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

Almost Jumped Ship

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Footer, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Footer

Footer Member

I just about left the world of Kawasaki and Teryx. I almost traded in my 14' T2 for a Can-Am Commanader. 800 DPS However, I am stuck with the T2 since I would be too upside down on my loan as resale values on T's stink. I could have gotten into a Commander 800 DPS but to start payments over for a "lateral move" seemed silly. If it was for a 1000 XT. I would have done it.. So now I have to accept the faults and issues I had with my T2 and again love it like my kid. I am still not happy with Kawi Customer Service as the rep I had was so non-engaging and almost seemed put out trying to help.. What can you do right? Getting on the trail will certainly help. I want to fall in love all over again lol. Thanks for listening.

2. muddyrex

muddyrex Member

I can't imagine any other customer service being any better. I really don't remember the last time I had and issue that required customer service where I left feeling all warm and fuzzy. I have a buddy with an 800 Commander and he is less than impressed. His only positive comment was that it was fast.

Footer likes this.
  3. Footer

Footer Member

Yeah CS is down the toilet everywhere. I figure for 2x less than starting over, I can get a programmer and remove the limiter.

4. wvyankee2

wvyankee2 New Member

When I bought mine I looked at a new Base Commander 800. Could have had it for $10000. Bought the Teryx for 12K instead. The only good thing about the Commander was the Seats and the 800R motor. Teryx had it in every other area.

Footer likes this.
  5. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

We need some warm weather to lift our spirits. I think you'll get out this summer and have fun in the Teryx.

Footer likes this.
  6. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

@Footer hopefully some seat time will lift,your spirits. I know having the issues you've had overall doesn't leave much confidence in the machine.

7. Footer

Footer Member

True! It's been out on the trail 3 weekends and 3 times in the shop.. Going in 2 weeks and hoping for no issues.. I love the machine.. That's why I bought it.. I am pretty happy with the dealer too.. It's Kawi that dropped the ball. Especially the service rep who helped me. She was totally disinterested.. I was able to get an extra year warranty and $200 gift card.. It's better than nothing. I just wish they would follow up with me and not the other way around..

thegrizz likes this.
  8. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

If you get a Commander get the 1000. I had one and it needed a lot of things like any other machine. Overall for me the visco-lock is why I sold it as 3WD just does not work well without breaking things where I ride. I had a pile of money in it as well. But then again, at this point I have a PILE of money in my Teryx machines as well. Oh well, at least I make it back to the trailer from rides.

TheStig, Footer and mrwvsportsman like this.
  9. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't think you can do anything in this sport without a PILE of money!

TheStig and Footer like this.
  10. DLB

DLB Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree about the visco-lock. I'll never understand Can-Ams fixation on that system. It's certainly their Achilles' heel.

thegrizz likes this.
  11. thegrizz

thegrizz Administrator
    Staff Member

I was never a fan of the Crisco-Lock. They did refine it. But why not give the operator control of the locker? That's beyond me!

TheStig, Footer and DLB like this.
  12. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

The problem with it is that you have to give the machine so much throttle you end up breaking other parts. One of my buddies Orangecrush Mark Mahoney on the RZR forums went through more axles before he sold his commander than I have in all the years I have owned Teryx machine, no shit either, completely serious.

13. TimN

TimN Member

I almost bought a Can Am and after reading up on it I'm glad I didnt. All said I still like the looks and the comfort of the machine.

14. Magellan

Magellan Active Member

The other problem is ITC where it cuts engine power when excessive wheel spin is detected. It is either wheel spin or shaft speed. It was tricky to jump well. I had the K and T black box on mine to help but it was not totally eliminated. Also had the Muzzy product that was supposed to do the same thing but the K and T worked a little better.