Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Welcome Guest to Teryx Central. Teryx Central is your #1 Kawasaki Teryx Resource. Be sure to register. It's quick and 100% free.

2015 Teryx T2 Skids

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by My 660, Nov 22, 2015.

1. My 660

My 660 New Member

I am probably the only one that did not know this, but the small plastic section that has to be removed to change the oil filter is a vulnerable component of the factory under body protection. I rode the T2 at Carolina Adventure World last weekend and found several trails with ruts larger and deeper than I want to maneuver. But I did for the sake of those I was riding with.

WELL, yesterday when I was servicing it, I found that small access section was almost ripped completely off. I had to drill matching holes and "sew" it together with nylon zip ties until I can get another one ordered. I plan to ride it next weekend (after Thanksgiving) and won't be able to get a replacement by then. But I will try. It is repaired and is OK, but not 100 % and I won't rest until it gets replaced.

On another note, the T2 is the easiest to service I have ever had. All drains and fill points including oil, front and rear Diffs, and the air filter was almost effortless with no contortionist positions to access them. I finally did the 25 hours service at 28.9 hours. All fluids changed and as many mechanical points as I could access, checked. I will give Kawasaki an A+ on making the service time almost effortless. I spent more time repairing the plastic panel than the service itself. If I can get to this panel today for a good photo, I will edit the post and insert it.

Happy Trails and Ride Safe...MD

Courage9027 likes this.