- "Reversed" liquid-cooled, 450cc, DOHC, 4-valve (titanium), 4-stroke, single with fuel injection. The engine has been tuned for excellent "drivability and controllability" one of the keys to fast lap times. The engine delivers a broad power curve with a great over-rev capacity.
- Unique engine design features a rearward slanting cylinder that is "reversed" compared to traditional designs. The FI throttle body and air box are front mounted while the exhaust exits from the rear of the cylinder. This design is used to centralize mass for excellent handling and a light feel. The other major benefit is the straight shot intake system which maximizes power output. The engine is slanted 7.5 degrees rearward.
- The "reversed" design allows for a straight intake path into the cylinder, providing maximum intake flow
- Compact, 4-valve cylinder head design, features a 12.5:1 compression ratio.
- Lightweight titanium valves (intake & exhaust) and load-reduced oval valve springs
- Automatic cam chain tensioner
- High performance, light weight hollow intake and exhaust camshafts.
- The lightweight aluminum cylinder features a ceramic composite coating
- The cylinder is "offset" relative to the crankshaft
- Revised 5-speed transmission features "involute splines" on the transmission axles to ensure smooth shifting and instant hook-up under power.
- Quick-access, lightweight magnesium outer clutch cover
- Keihin 44mm throttle body fuel injection system
- Optional, compact, hand held "YZ Power Tuner" allows tailoring of both fuel injection settings and ignition mapping
- High capacity ACM
- Automatic decompression system ensures easy starts in any gear.
- "Tornado" design exhaust system
- Revised re-packable lightweight aluminum / stainless steel muffler
- Revised high powered ECU
- Special "G" sensor system
- Works-style race-spec "barrel adjuster" for on-the-fly clutch lever free play adjustments.
- Compact "bilateral beam" aluminum frame centralizes mass
- ProTaper handlebar
- Revised, 48mm, adjustable, inverted, Kayaba cartridge fork with 310mm (12.2") of wheel travel.
- The fork features a twin-chamber, "Speed Sensitive" design
- Front fork adjustments include: 20-way compression damping and 20-way rebound damping.
- The 48mm inverted KYB fork also features a Transfer Control Valve (TCV).
- Monocross link rear suspension
- Kayaba shocks
- "Shorty style" adjustable front brake lever can be adjusted to fit various hand sizes.
- 245mm rear disc brake features a "wave-type" disc. The rear disc is squeezed by a single compact Nissin piston caliper.
- Lightweight, compact, integrated Nissin rear master cylinder
- Lightweight Sun Star rear sprocket.
- Rugged, 21" front and 19" rear Excel rims
- New Dunlop Geomax MX51 Tires.
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.Sign Up